- There is no such thing as Peak Wingnut. The Republican Party has gone so far Right Wing that there's no sign they can ever move back to any moderate stance on any issue.
- Any act of effective government actually angers the Far Right. They're already turning on the once-fair-haired-golden-boy Paul Ryan because as Speaker he actually avoided a government shutdown and passed a workable budget.
- Having the Presidential campaigns start in 2015 rather than its actual election year of 2016 gave us a whole year of sound and fury. On the one hand, all that fury has exposed the Republican voting base and the candidates they support as two separate yet equal groups of ill-informed hate-filled sociopaths. On the other hand, all this exposure is making them - both candidates and followers - act worse.
- Gun violence has become so ingrained into our culture that most Americans are resigned to the body count. This is horrifying.
- As of this last week of 2015, Obamacare works. So of course Republican governors are gonna keep trying to kill it.
- Mad Max Fury Road deserves to win every Best Picture award out there. Also Best Director, Best Actress, Best Fight Scene, and Best Catering.
- Canadians have declared war on my librarian blog. I'm not even a Royals fan, people.
- Florida politics are still screwed up.
Oh, and I'm thinking of putting some of the blog articles I've written into print format as a book. Think there'd be a market for it?