The Top Five Amendment Ideas I'm really keen on:
- The President of the United States is NOT above the law. The system of checks and balances between all three branches of government remain in effect AT ALL TIMES (even wartime).
- All campaigning for federal elections (which also should affect state and local elections) CANNOT begin until the actual year of election: no fundraising, no warchests, no organizational or exploratory committees until the actual calendar year. No ifs ands or buts.
- The Presidential primary must be held on the same day in all states (and territories): no more Iowa and New Hampshire going first, no more states fighting over who gets to go first, every American gets to make their choices for candidates at the same time everyone does. And the primary candidates have to spend and advertise and campaign equally in all states.
- Universal Voter Registration.
- Lying is NOT protected speech. Any elected official or government civil servant caught making false statements to be suspended without pay pending investigation into those statements. If it's found the lying SOB knew that he/she was lying, they will be removed from office/impeached and barred from any government interaction forever.
That's it. The five amendments I'd love to see in my lifetime. Now, to actually *DO* something about 'em...