Here's what happened on Sept. 8th:
- Barack Obama gave a speech as President of the United States to the nation's schoolchildren encouraging them to stay in school, study hard, and make good on their lives.
Here's what didn't happen on Sept. 8th:
- The planet did not explode.
- The children were not taken over by pod people.
- They did not come marching out of the classrooms in goosestep singing "Mombassa Uber Alles".
- They did not begin speaking in Orc and sharpening spears at both ends.
- They did not shatter the conch shell.
- They did not line up at landing sites for the UFOs coming down to take them to Pied Piper Land.
I hope this didn't ruin the Republicans' week. They still have Obama's health care speech before Congress tonight to whine about.