Heya! Once again, every reader from Japan, Russia and elsewhere linking to this site for the "funny Iran military" pictures on that Iran Day Six article, as part of our effort in the WAR ON BILL O'REILLY'S CHRISTMAS we here at this blog celebrate the life-affirming pagan holiday known as Saturnalia! The day where fully expect the Mayans to show up even though their calendar ends on 12/21. Okay Mayans, you're bringing the homemade brew and you know it!
Anywho. As part of tradition, I'm posting my wishlist to The Roman
Lord of Time (hi there!) in the mad hopes that the pagan gods will once
again after thousands of years notice us tiny insignificant lifeforms,
and smite our enemies and grant us boons.
So here's the wish list!
1) A freaking full-time job.
2) No, seriously, a full-time job. It's been 4 years since I lost my job as a librarian, I've been looking for anything related to my skill sets, only just recently getting a part-time on-call job working desktop support, but it's been hard as hell to find anything thanks to a Congress that refuses to do any kind of Jobs Stimulus package to encourage more hiring and boosting of the economy. It's not the deficits or the debt that's the problem, you Beltway morans, it's the LACK OF JOBS! THE LACK OF WAGES TO PAY FOR SH-T LIKE COLLEGE LOANS AND MORTGAGES AND KIDS' SCHOOLING AND HEALTH CARE! /rage
3) 50,000 people buying my ebooks! If I can't have a job, at least a boost of income from ebook sales...
4) Grover Norquist forced to watch as dreaded TAXES GO UP, and the universe failing to implode, demonstrating once and for all THAT HE'S AN IDIOT.
5) A nice stocking stuffer would be this GravityLight thingee someone's trying to market. For $5 a pop, you get a light source off of an LED light (the wave of the future) by using simple mechanics (pulley/gears) to charge up the light. No batteries, no outlets, no burning of carbon fuels like oil or coal, just human energy lifting the weight up and viola! We live in amazing times.
6) Yo, Obama! If you need a reference librarian to shelve books in the West Wing, CALL ME...
7) That the civil war ends in Syria as soon as possible with as little loss of life than has already been lost; that Egyptian democracy endures on the streets as peaceful protests end the threat of dictatorship and Islamist extremism; that Iranian politics give way to moderate leadership more keen on economic and social well-being for their citizenry than on aggressive nuclear baiting against the U.S.,
8) That the traffic I got on this blog during October and November (2000 to 3000 views!) keeps up and I get some honest-to-Mithras comments for a change...
9) That voter suppression efforts that the GOP tried to inflict on people this election cycle get blocked, banned, and richly denied in order to ensure ALL voters have their rights protected for all time,
10) That the upcoming series of movies in 2013 - Star Trek Into Darkness, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 - not suck. Please o PLEASE SATURN LORD OF TIME, LET THESE MOVIES ROCK N ROLL...
There. Oh, and again, make sure you forward any bills for your annual sacrificial bull get sent to Mr. O'Reilly care of Fox Not-News. BWHAHAHAHAHA.
Enjoy the season! ...and the countdown to the Mayan calendar continues...