10) The Mayans care not about ending the suffering of Detroit Lions/Cleveland Browns/L.A. Clippers/Toronto Maple Leafs/Houston Astros fans any time soon.
9) Mayans had nothing to do with Twinkies (tm) being no more. Blame that on the corrupt CEOs at Hostess Inc who mismanaged the company into bankruptcy.
8) Mayans are still around. If they had any sense regarding any prediction of apocalypse, they'd have fled the planet long ago in their ancient rocket ships.
7) Misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. It's really a recipe sheet for the MOST INCREDIBLE BANANA NUT MUFFINS YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE! ...what?
6) The Mayan calendar's power source has run down, that's all. We need to replace it with a Baghdad battery.
5) Didn't anyone read the Terms and Conditions agreement in the bottom left-hand corner? This thing hasn't been valid since Cortes voided the warranty.
4) Planet-destroying Aliens do not go by the Mayan calendar, they go by Stardate. Duh.
3) The so-called Calendar is really a promotional poster for an ancient Mayan drama about a weather priest forced to live the same sacrificial day over and over and over again. It was called "Lowland Paca Day"
2) It's just a BLEEPING calendar! We can get some astronomers and chronal measurement professionals together and make a BLEEPING PC/Mac app for a new Mayan calendar starting on this Saturday! C'mon people get working on that app!
And the Number One Reason The Mayans Are Not Dooming Us this Friday Dec. 21st, 2012:
1) Disney is making a new Star Wars movie. Disney will not allow some f-cking catastrophe to end the world before even pre-production is finished. Even the Mayans know not to f-ck with Disney. They go after day care centers for God's sake.
(had to write this, because the madness of the other major news story right now is too rage-fueling for me to cope)