Indivisible: A Practical Guide to Resisting the Trump Agenda
The key takeaways:
- SHOW UP. At the local office or even spend the time to trek over to DC and bang on the office door there. Show up at every public event. Make yourself seen.
- SIT-IN. Get physical about your space being in their space. Do put bail money aside for this one.
- CALL YOUR CONGRESSCRITTER'S OFFICE. OFTEN. But make it about a specific issue, just don't call and rant in general. It's gotta be something being debated on the floor of the House (and not Senate, you CALL YOUR SENATECRITTER for that) at the moment. And be polite. Rude callers get ignored.
- GET INVOLVED. Join local organizations fighting for your rights. Even look into joining the Democratic Party and running for local - school board, county seats, state legislative - offices.
- DON'T GET INTO AGENDAS. Arguing over a 50-point plan gets messy, distracting, and tossed aside. Play DEFENSE. Just Say NO.
And if all else fails, for the Love of GOD Do NOT Vote Republican ever again and get 500 people around you to do the same.