Saturday, May 28, 2016

Welcome to Blog Post 1000. Gosh, What a Lovely Post.

Having reached blog post No. 1000 tonight, and with that...

...I got nothing.

Well, not entirely true. I have MegaCon to report on, and there's the ongoing train wreck that is the 2016 Election cycle, and there's the distinct possibility I'm getting a book published with some of my more intense blog articles I've written here.

But I don't exactly have anything profound to write here, not for a key milestone like 1000.

I could rant some more about the dangers of Donald Trump, the hassles of Bernie Sanders' delusions of pushing for a Democratic breakup and revolution within the ranks, or whether or not Lucky Charms should stay a breakfast cereal or a full-time snack.

The truth is, I'm having a busy weekend, I'm tired, and despite the milestone I'd rather not overthink this.

I'll just add a YouTube video and go to bed.



Coming up close\
Everything sounds like\
Welcome home\
Come home and\
Oh, by the way
Don't you know that I could make\
A dream that's barely half-awake\
Come true\
I wanted to say\
But anything I could have said\
I felt somehow
That you already knew... Aimee Mann and Til Tuesday

An incredibly beautiful song. It horrifies me that this song never broke the Top 40 in the U.S. back in 1987.

No comments: