Monday, May 16, 2016

Some Notes: May 2016 Edition

Just to state for the record:

1) I'm still going to be at the Local Author's Signing event at the Wesley Chapel FL Barnes & Noble store on Saturday May 21 from 2 PM to 4 PM. I don't care if most of my blog traffic comes from Japan and Russia, I wanna see ALL of you there to support local authors, dammit.

2) I am still working on taking parts of this blog and converting it into a published work, following in the footsteps of Molly Ivins and the newspaper columnists of olde. I'm doing this partly because I want a print record of the ten odd years I've been blogging, partly because the book is going to be about Obama's tenure and there needs to be an outsider's view of how it all went down, mostly because I'm sick of seeing all these anti-Obama books on the shelves at libraries and stores.

2a) That said, converting weblinks to footnotes is a painful and tedious process when you gotta do it by hand. I'm also still stuck on a decent-enough title, not that many people voting on the poll of suggested ones...

3) Going back through the pro-Obama stuff, I now regret not finding the time back in May 2011 writing up the impact and significance of the SEAL raid that killed Bin Laden. It's a key moment in Obama's first term that deserved discussion and I missed it (too busy stressing out over job-hunting at the time I suppose). I'm going to have to write a book-specific article about it.

4) I've decided on going Friday in street clothes to the Orlando MegaCon May 27, and on Saturday May 28 going dressed up as the Jedi.

Friday at Noon, author Bill Hatfield and others are going to discuss writing as part of NaNoWriMo, a forum which I hope to be an audience member. Check out the full schedule here.

On the Friday trip, I'm hoping others I know are going to show up and maybe we all can go see the X-Men movie at a nearby theater. Anybody? Anybody?

No comments: