Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Election Night 2018: I Am Loathing My State Right Now

I just got home from work, starting to tune in to the results, and...

...

Jesus.

I am surrounded by evil fcking people.

I know it is early right now and the results for Gillum and Nelson aren't resolved yet, but JESUS EFFING CHRIST it shouldn't even be like this. DeSantis ran a terrible openly racist campaign. Rick Scott is a GODDAMN MEDICARE FRAUD.

Making things worse is that the state amendments - a lot of which were BAD LAWS that would cause chaos and mismanagement throughout our legal system, and especially the Amendments that fcks up our tax revenue methods - are passing the 60 percent threshold tonight. The worst of them Amendment 5, the one that requires a SUPERMAJORITY vote to pass ANY tax increase, looks like it'll pass. Florida is about to run into the brick wall of massive spending cuts to social aid in order to balance the budget. We're already facing serious funding problems with Child and Family Services, with our schools, with our environmental cleanups. What the hell is gonna happen when all that sh-t gets WORSE?

The results in 2014 bummed me out. The results in 2016 broke my heart.

This? THIS SHIT? I'm gonna start thinking about revenge.

I am not in the mood right now. More angry than anxious now.

BASTARDS.

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Measure 4 passed, though, and that could conceivably keep Fergus from winning re-election.

-Doug in Oakland