Sunday, January 02, 2022

Input For Another Round of Blog Award Submissions for 2022

Well, it's a new year started and already I gotta think about what to submit to the Florida Writers Association's Royal Palm Literary Awards for their Non-Fiction / Blogging category.

There's a limit to the submissions - Five per category - so I'd like to narrow down my favorite 2021 articles some time before February when the early bird submission prices aren't so bad.

So to the nine regular followers to this blog, lemme know which of these articles I ought to submit to the judges:


Okay, I know I've got a clunky Comments section here, but if you don't want to post a comment on which ones you'd like submitted, you can tweet me @PaulWartenberg or email p.warten AT gmail. I need to know before the first week of February.

Thank ye, and Happy New Year!

Update 1/30/22: Okay, I've narrowed the choices down to:

  • Irrational
  • Hark! A Ranking of Nirvana Albums
  • The Big Lie and the One Truth
  • The Tragedy In Surfside
  • Strange Days Inside the Job Lines

Thank you all... um, actually I only got one of you to comment so... I really need to see about making comment posting easier (while avoiding the Chinese spammers).

Update 7/20/22: Bad news, Big Lie and Strange Days did not make the Semifinalist cut. Irrational, Hark!, and Surfside articles did reach Semifinalist status and will now get judged for the Finalist round!

Nice new logo from FWA by the by: 

Update 8/12/22: The Finalist results are in and Holy Forking Shirtballs, people. Irrational and Hark! A Ranking of Nirvana Albums 
made it to the Finalists. I'm a bit surprised/disappointed Tragedy of Surfside did not make the cut, alas. But now I have a reason to attend the Writers' Conference for the awards banquet.

Update 10/23/22: Holy forking shirtballs, Irrational won a silver!

2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

OK, I have trouble ranking them by your writing as opposed to the subject matter, but maybe these five?

-irrational
-It's the Stuff That's Legal That Should Worry You
-What Would You Have the Ladies Do, O Sexists?
-Strange Days Inside the Job Lines
-Oakland High Shooting: Red Flags Everywhere

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Paul said...

Thank you, Doug. Happy New Year to ye!