Thursday, May 05, 2022

It's Cinco De Mayo 2022 and Where the HELL Are My Taco Trucks???

You know, we're two years in to Joe Biden's legitimately won Presidency, and it's May 5th which makes it CINCO DE MAYO, and yet I am utterly pissed off right now.

I mean, in 2016 the trumpian assholes declared that if Hillary would win the election, there would be and I quote "TACO TRUCKS ON EVERY CORNER." And this was a good idea, this was tempting, and goddammit not enough of us voted for Hillary to make it happen.

What I said back then:

Just think of the economic benefits of having taco trucks on every corner! No, this is serious! Food truck service is actually a smart investment in the right markets!

Hell, give me the seed money right now! Lemme go start my own taco truck service!

But now we got Democrat Joe Biden in charge, and yet we're STILL WAITING ON THOSE TACO TRUCKS!!!

Where's the funding, Joe? WHERE'S THE SBA GRANTS FOR TACO TRUCKS?!

How the HELL are we going to be able to effectively celebrate General Zaragoza's incredible victory over invading French forces at the Battle of Puebla? We need those taco trucks, we need the beer license to sell Mexican brands! 

WHAT THE HELL, JOE! 

JUST SIMPLE TACO TRUCKS, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

/cries


1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

In 2017 my next door neighbor in Richmond put a portable flat grill under a big awning in his driveway and started selling tacos for a buck.
He advertised on Instagram to let folks know when he was serving, and people cams from all over.
He had to raise the price to a buck and a half, but damn those tacos were good. The night we moved to Rohnert Park I bought as many of them as I could and told my neighbor that he was what I would miss the most about Richmond.

-Doug in Sugar Pine