Thursday, November 02, 2023

A Book On Isms

 I warned you this was coming: My National Novel Writing Month project this year is going to be a non-fiction work examining American -Isms.

I've already done the introductory chapter, and starting into the first -ism I want to examine: Liberalism (you may remember when I bashed Conservatism on this blog awhile ago that I argued Liberalism was the primary ideology of our nation, and that Conservatism a reaction against that).

So I will not be blogging extensively this month. I need to focus on this project (and get one DONE for once!). I do have two other book projects on hand to finish up as well: I need cover artists, dammit!

If I do blog here this November, it will have to be in response to a major breaking news item like oh donald trump pleading GUILTY on one of his 91 criminal indictments.

Good luck on your writing projects, y'all. NOW GET TO TYPING!!!


2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

The Institute for Supply Management? That was the first result of a Google search for ism.
Prisms are nice. Anyway, good luck with the project, and good luck with getting time to do it; the news has been crazy for a while now.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Paul said...

Doug, you might want to put a hyphen in front of -ism, that should work.
(tries it)
Dammit, the corporations have taken over EVERYthing.

I'm at 8000 words right now, mostly getting into the Declaration of Independence as a liberal document. I hope to get some research and writing done in a few days when I make a day-long trip to UFlorida.