Monday, November 20, 2017

This Place Has Gotten The Better of Me: November 20, 2017

So I've been dealing with THIS particular bullshit since morning:



Appearing on a CNN panel of Trump voters Monday morning, (pest control company owner) Mark Lee claimed that the president is standing up for the "little guy" and that no amount of negative press will change his mind.
"If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the president if it's true,'" Lee said as his fellow panelists reacted with shock.

I've been in a goddamn rage since seeing this.

I know how bad it is. How the trump voter sees the world in a Fox-Not-News induced haze of ignorance that flips reality on its head. That the ill-informed GOP base - buying into the lies of the culture war, selling out for tax cuts to the rich that will kill their own jobs just because they've bought into the trickle-down hype - accept every statement from a confirmed liar as Gospel while the fact-checkers and reporters are demeaned as "fake".

But I've never seen it THIS bad before.

We're at the point the Far Right voters are so into the goddamn Kool Aid that they'll accept the word of a con artist over the WORD OF JESUS (straight off the Cross, for God's sake).

It has come to this.

For 47 years of my life. Me: Sober. Never wanting a drop of alcohol. Barely trying stuff like rum to see what it was like and shaking my head at it. Never understanding the urge or need to get a buzz going with booze in my system.

Well, you broke me, trump voters. You've driven me over the edge. You've FINALLY REALLY DID IT. You got me to say this in all seriousness.

OH GOD I NEED A DRINK.


Now I'm not crazy enough (always sober never sane was my motto. WAS) to go jumping straight into the super-heavy stuff. But I think apple cider has an alcoholic content of five percent, right?

I checked the local Publix. There were several brands but one stood out. ANGRY ORCHARD. Perfect. I WAS IN THAT KIND OF MOOD.


So a toast, to you damn muthafuckas who voted a lying bankrupt con artist into the White House.



Bottoms up.


This is all your fault, trump voters. You blew it up. Damn You. Damn you ALL TO HELL.

3 comments:

dinthebeast said...

If Jesus came back today, Republicans would have him in Guantanamo on a waterboard tomorrow afternoon.

-Doug in Oakland

Cirze said...

Get Longboard from Hawaii - 4.5% and really refreshing. Good luck!

Paul said...

Well, I had only the one bottle of hard cider... it was bitter, but didn't upset me stomach all that much. As far as drinking my woes away, I am too dreadful of getting tooooooo wasted to actually go that far.
But in terms of getting a good buzz off it... nah. I think I need to drink with a group that has a designated driver, just so I can feel safer aboot it. Hic.