Thursday, November 16, 2017

You Broke My Heart, Frankie, You Broke My Heart...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you... for the 2020 General Election, because DAMMIT ALL OUR HEROES ARE DEAD TO US NOW.

As John Cole at Balloon-Juice puts it:

WELL THAT'S JUST FUCKING GREAT

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.
When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.
On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’
He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.
He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.
I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.
I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.
I felt disgusted and violated.

Al Franken's response? Uh, it was meant to be a joke. Which is right up there with the "The Dog Ate My Homework."

Christ.

One thing I wanna make clear: my current ranting against Roy Moore is fueled by two thoughts. One, that son of a bitch as a prosecutor and judge should have known better than to chase after HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS; Two, His running on a Holier-Than-Thou platform is a massive act of hypocrisy and fraud.

With regards to ANY political or business or entertainment figure being a goddamn sexual predator, my stance is the same: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS THAT YOU HAVE TO GET OFF ON GROPING AND HURTING WOMEN?

I'm not a huge fan of Bill Clinton because of this (if I ever side with him it's strictly on the issues, and because his attackers are worse SOBs). I still kick myself for ever buying into John Edwards as a viable candidate for the Presidency. And trump, GODDAMN YOU 62 MILLION AMERICANS AND PUTIN THAT SHIT IS UNFORGIVABLE.

Part of me worries, really really worries, that even Obama could behave like this. GOD NO PLEASE NO, NOT HIM...

As of right now, no male authority figure from Hollywood to Washington DC to the Vatican are safe from the worst realizations that the men in power are just a bunch of goddamn scuzbuckets.

The only sane solution to all of this is, obviously, VOTING MORE WOMEN INTO ELECTED OFFICE AND HIRING MORE WOMEN AS CEOs.

'Cause right now, I am absolutely terrified we're going to find out that (Insert incredibly popular and well-liked public male figure here) is into Vorarephilia. And that is not a made-up word, BUT PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT THE DICTIONARY OH GOD YOU LOOKED I AM SO SORRY...



1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Sexual misconduct isn't a partisan issue, it's a male issue, and it's a power issue.
That's one reason why I've never wanted to get to know my heroes: from a perspective of power of any and all kinds, people behave differently, and usually not better.
With Al, I blame it on the Grateful Dead.

-Doug in Oakland