Sunday, June 07, 2020

I Think It Was the Murder Hornet News That Broke Me

Remember all those years months ago when I said HOLY SHIT 2020 JUST ESCALATED.

It was all about the United States bombing an Iranian political figure/Iraqi instigator/bad-guy-at-least-to-US on Iraqi soil in a way that violated a couple of international laws. I worried - as did others - that we were seeing an escalation to an actual U.S.-Iran ground war that would have been disastrous for America at the worst possible time.

Ah, how quaint that all seems now...

Yeah, that was JANUARY 2nd of this year. And I have to admit, um, I knew it was going to be crazy coming into 2020 because 1) election year, 2) trump getting worse, 3) Republicans deflecting and defecating like mad, 4) etc.

And ever since this January, it's been... it's uh... you know how Einstein once noted that time is relative? Well, it's been feeling like an entire DECADE of history has just happened in about FIVE MONTHS.

Just... I'm not the only one who's noticed. Here's a YouTuber Julie Nolke realizing it too.


And then her JUNE self visited that APRIL self:





I started laughing at the moment she freaked over the MURDER HORNETS because I did too, and I had to laugh because I dare not cry (I would not stop if I do).

And the thing is, Julie overlooks a lot of stuff I took as major news the first half of this year. And *I* overlooked things like the Australian wild fires.

And NOBODY seems to remember that between January and February our nation IMPEACHED trump for his antics over extorting Ukraine to adversely influence our 2020 elections. That may have to do with the Republican-controlled Senate openly ignoring the evidence and protecting trump from removal. Still, in any other environment we would still be talking about that...

It would take me days right now to create a checklist of sorts for all the crazy crap that the universe has thrown at us - including evidence that there IS a parallel universe and it's going backwards in time - and I would still miss on certain things like Tiger King being a cultural meme phenomenon probably because I don't want to go watch a crazy show about deranged people abusing poor tigers and other animals for our amusement (when a retired drug dealer is the most mentally balanced and decent person in your list of suspects, there is something fundamentally wrong with this universe...).

This is part of the reason why I haven't been blogging as much here in an election year. I've been doing this long enough to have a backlog archive, and you might notice that my writings go up every four years. This year, I'm not keeping pace... and a lot of it has to do with being overwhelmed with the madness of this world. I can't keep up.

I am trying to finish an article about Tank Man, an annual effort to remember our hero for freedom, but it's getting tied into OUR ongoing protests here in the U.S. to fight for our own freedom and well-being.

This is gonna take a while.

And if anybody shows up claiming to be me from November 2020, I'll remember to ask him our Trust Password first. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, FUTURE ME.

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

To be honest, the past two years have had that same feeling of not being able to comprehend in real time what next month will be like.
Let me be clear, I've had it easy, and it appears as if things worked out well for us, and just in time. But two forced moves, always looking at an amorphous deadline and no real possibility of making it in time, and what about the future after that?
No certainty to be had anywhere, but the need to keep on keeping on despite not knowing how to prepare for the immediate future and your perspective gets foggy and the smallest of developments take on outsized importance and distracts you from the larger picture, which leaves you vaguely anxious about shit you can't even perceive.
So when we landed here on this mountainside in a seemingly sustainable situation, the relief was so profound that the apocalypse hasn't really shaken me that much.
There have been a few covid cases up in these hills, and last time we went to Oakhurst for groceries there were BLM signs in a few places, but looking at the news coming out of Oakland and Richmond I can't help feeling like we dodged a bullet.
So when we got our apocalypse money, we donated some of it to Indivisible's Payback Project, and we're taking care of our 28 year old car with the rest of it and sort of crossing our fingers that the skills we acquired from all those years of poverty carry us through the hard part, whatever that may end up being.

-Doug in Sugar Pine