Saturday, October 31, 2020

Praying to a Just And Loving Unitarian Goddess for a Sane November 2020 General Election

I can mess around with 270towin maps all day long...

I can stare at the polling maps by the professionals showing good numbers for Joe Biden...

what FiveThirtyEight is projecting this Halloween night, 3 nights out

I can craft 100 different maps of what I hope to see Wednesday morning with a big contented smile on my face:
I'm hoping for a NC/GA/FL/TX flip to help break the Southern Strategy forever...

But I can't rely or wait on hope and neither should you. The Early Voting turnout so far gives me great hope that a large Blue Wave vote is coming... But there's an entire Republican Party from trump down to his hand-picked Far Right judges down to the county-level supervisors and questionable law enforcement looking to get in the way of a clean vote by the American people.

Get the vote out, Democrats. To every Independent Voter out there, this is the year - we need it, to escape the damage trump's mismanagement is inflicting on us right now - you NEED to vote Blue across the board. To every Republican Voter... for the love of God wake up and stop supporting those crooks. Please.


1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

The email I just got from Indivisible was forceful in its assertion that we are, indeed, winning, but did include a question about "So why do we feel so anxious that we're chewing our nails?"
Anxiety it is, then.
Having done what I could, got our votes in and counted, my phone is down for the count, so no text or phone banking, made multiple donations that only time will tell whether I could really afford, so now it's just kind of hunker down and hope.
Remember hope?
Come on, folks, let's not fuck this up.

-Doug in Sugar Pine