Monday, August 23, 2021

Starting a Podcast: Got a Name, Now I Need 99 More Things Done

Well, okay, I'm kind of indulging here but:



I'm actually working on a library project, the city Parks and Recreation department was keen on starting up recording studios at some of the Rec centers to get the kids interested in music/podcast recordings. As the library is now partnered with them through Leisure Services, we were tasked with getting some of the resources pulled together and some training done so we could help when called upon. 

While the pandemic kind of stalled that idea, it's still one I'm expecting we'll follow through if/when the pandemic clears up.

So I've done some of the things to get a podcast going - microphone, free app Audacity software to record, stuff like that - and now it's a question of writing up a script, getting it recorded, figuring out the editing, and posting it online with a podcast provider - Apple apparently is huge, Spotify might be another - in time to see if I've got it right and can teach a class on it.

So, it seems Book With the Blue Cover is the winner of the poll (I'm a bit disappointed the more poetic Always Sober Never Sane didn't win over the votes), now it's a question of making sure it wasn't trademarked yet. With a title like that, I may be forced to stick to library-related topics although the urge to rant about politics will overtake me. We'll see...

I'll update as needed. I'm busy until then.

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Found on Blue Gal's blog:

"If you're interested in podcasting, we use and recommend Buzzsprout.. Check them out at Buzzsprout.com. Buzzsprout gets your show listed on every major podcast platform."

-Doug in Sugar Pine