Monday, December 11, 2023

Quick Apology: December 2023 Edition

I did quiet down on my blogging this November in order to focus on my NaNo writing - which I got to 50,000 words but it's a mess - but I was also working on getting a new collection of short stories published so I am still a bit distracted by that even though most of the work is done.

Cover by M.A. Rehman at Fiverr

Details to follow once the paperback is officially on market.

Update: As of this afternoon, the paperback and ebook are available on Amazon.

It's a collection of stories since my college (1990s) days in Gainesville, and from my time in South Florida, and my time in the Tampa Bay area as I moved from workplace to workplace. I've written in various genres - fantasy, science fiction, horror, coming of age, thriller, mystery - but one of the running elements has been - hopefully - a sense of humor throughout. Growing up to Douglas Adams, Catch-22, and Doonesbury comic strips didn't help. 

In putting this book together, I decided to focus on the more humor-oriented stories and following a theme - for the most part - around locations. Given my Florida background, obviously a lot of these stories are based in the Sunshine State, but I've added stories based in Las Vegas, New York City, Hong Kong, and elsewhere. Even a couple of places I've been to personally. Heh.

Wish me luck. I hope I find a readership.

I'll get back to blogging soon.

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Good luck!

-Doug in Sugar Pine