Friday, September 11, 2026

Trying to Find Some Peace On a Tragic Anniversary

Back in 2020 I dreaded the possibility of donald trump still being President for the 20th anniversary of the tragic 9/11 attacks. I didn't realize then he could return for the 25th anniversary and the risks of him messing that all up with his self-aggrandizing me-me-me bullshit.

The good news is that the New York City remembrances make it a policy preventing people from speaking during the memorial services, denying trump the chance to turn a somber gathering into a twisted celebration of his own "greatness".

So he did it instead during an earlier event this week, during which he invented a new 'heroic' story for himself being at Ground Zero; when in fact he was in New Jersey watching the devastation from a distance - later lying that he witnessed Muslim residents cheering the attacks - and going on talk shows to brag about how he now owned the tallest building in Manhattan (which also was a lie, and the worst time to brag about that).

All that rage I'd normally have at this shitgibbon, well I'm letting it out now and then stepping away.

Today, I would rather encourage the various readers of this blog to find some peace within yourselves, find some good things to do for others this day and even this weekend, and try to revel in the small joys and calm comforts we can achieve for ourselves and each other.

Stay safe.

No comments: