Sunday, April 15, 2018

Prague on My Mind

I admit it: I am envious of criminal lawyer Michael Cohen being able to travel to Prague.

I haven't ever traveled out of the U.S. before, and gods I want to travel to see the world, but my librarian wages cannot afford such luxuries.

But if Cohen got to go, I *wanna* go. sniff

It's just it's looking like around $1,000 for a five-day visit on a budget, with the round trip flight being $1,700. Plus emergency funds in case something happens and I get involved in a car chase between spies or some such.

So... serious question here: Am I allowed to start up a GoFundMe drive to raise funds to make such a trip to Prague? I will make it a working trip, blogging from the locations where Cohen went on his meetings (maybe also get a run-in with my guy the Golem). I hope to make the trip in August which may be out of season and hopefully not too hot or cold (Europe is farther north on the map than I keep imaging).

Should I try a GoFundMe?

Edit: Poor response to the Survey Monkey poll tells me a GoFundMe attempt would be equally futile. Damn. Congratulations Prague, you are safe for another year...

No comments: