Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Kamala Harris Withdraws From 2020 Presidential Campaign. WHO THE HELL AM I GONNA ROOT FOR NOW?

Seriously. She was the only one in that pack of candidates most likely to throat punch that Eternal Shitgibbon trump first chance she got.

But after the resignation of one of her operations managers - who pretty much firebombed everything on the way out the door - it looked like Harris couldn't find any other personnel or resources to justify going forward.

This falls under the categories of Damn, Goddamn, and What The Fuck.

Sigh.

The immediate impact of her departure is that the field of major candidates dropped to three - Biden, Sanders, and Warren - while showing no sign of any second-tier candidate - Booker, Buttigieg, Castro, Klobucher - being able to step up (unless one of them can appeal quickly to Harris' now-stranded fanbase). There's every likelihood several of them may drop out soon - joining recent departures from Bullock and Joe Sestak (who?!) - narrowing the field even more to the headliners (B S and W) and pretenders (Gabbard and Yang, neither of them gaining with voters but neither of them going anywhere).

Harris - who was relatively Centrist but no fan of the banks - is leaving as the field receives more billionaires and Wall Street types (Bloomberg and Deval Patrick). The candidate choices are now down one less woman and one less ethnic minority, increasing the odds that the next Democratic candidate could be a Boomer-aging White Guy. It's been noted that unless the rules change or someone like Castro or Booker get a huge fundraising boost, the next Democratic debate is going to be just white people (four guys and two women).

I was rooting for Harris this primary season: Primarily on her opening positions of improving education and paying teachers better, but also because of that "throat-punching trump" hope I had. This kind of leaves me in the lurch now about who to root for next... although like the Tampa Bay Bucs fan that I am, I'm dreading the possibility that when I root early for a candidate I somehow jinx them... /cries

I could root for the other high-profile woman candidate in Elizabeth Warren - and yes I need to get that Character profile done on her soon - because her push for reforms resonate well with me, but again I worry I might jinx her if I do.

I could root for Amy Klobucher as well, because I truly want America to have another chance at electing a woman to the office of the Presidency, and goddammit it shouldn't have to be this hard, guys, just let go of your misogyny for God's sake... but again I worry I might jinx her if I do.

There is no goddamn way I am backing a fringe candidate like Williamson or a compromised candidate like Gabbard.

I could throw my support to Julian Castro or Cory Booker... but again I worry I might jinx them like all the candidates I rooted for the last time (2008) until it all came down to Obama vs Hillary back then.

If I really am a jinx... hmm... okay, BernieBros, ready to accept me BHWHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHeeeeheheh... Okay I guess not.

And to Steyer and Bloomie: Screw you, rich boys. PAY YOUR FOOKING TAXES.

I shall contemplate all this on a tree of woe uh actually at a Dunkin' Donuts. I'll let you all know later.

Fricking campaign fundraising... sigh...




1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

Perhaps she could do some of that throat-punching as attorney general... I know she's a senator, but this is California and Newsom will appoint and appropriate replacement, hell, he was about to campaign for her in Iowa.

-Doug in Oakland