Sunday, April 18, 2021

America Is Back to Daily Mass Shootings, How's THAT for F-CKED UP Normalcy

Over the weekend, it's been looking like the nation has gone back to mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting after mass s... you get the point.

We're still getting over the mass shooting in Boulder, and the one at the Atlanta Asian massage parlors, and the one in Virginia Beach, no not the one in 2019. We're at the point cities are getting repeat mass shootings. Hell, we're at the point where a school shooting involving just one death barely makes a ripple.

A sizable number of Americans have been screaming "IT'S THE GUNS, IT'S THE MOTHERFUCKING GUNS" but we are screaming into the void because the goddamned Russian-owned National Rifle Body Count Association owns enough of our government that we can't get any goddamned sensible gun safety law passed - Universal Background Checks, ban on military-grade assault rifles, limited magazine/clip capacity, licensing or insurance requirements for ownership - at all.

Anybody still arguing "that gun ownership is not a problem" in the United States is blind to the reality that we can't fucking trust gun owners anymore, you are ALL a goddamned threat to the rest of us. You are arguing for unsafe guns in unreliable hands. We keep seeing this in the news with every goddamned shooting report from the domestic violence bastards to the mass shooters blazing their way to infamy and a goddamned body count. Even the police officers way too twitchy with their trigger fingers are proof we can't trust a goddamned single person with a gun.

And the blood in our streets keeps rising and rising...

2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

I own four rifles, three shotguns, two revolvers and a Browning 9mm.
I haven't shot any of them in years and were they to disappear tomorrow it wouldn't really bother me at all, even though they are all heirlooms I inherited from my father.
That's what sanity sounds like.
In 1984 when I moved from Eureka to Oakland, I left my guns at my dad's house in Eureka, one of the few actual good decisions I made in my early twenties, as they would have disappeared in the first break-in we had (Briana's High-Standard derringer pistol was all they took, and it was hidden between the mattress and the wall).
When I was growing up in rural Northern California, learning to shoot was a normal and mostly healthy thing, but that was a long time ago and things are different now, even out here in the boonies where I currently live.
They say that a gun is a machine for making a hole at a distance, but a gun is also a power symbol that provides an excuse for never learning the social skills that are required for living in high population densities. I've seen it. It's really ugly.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Paul said...

I actually inherited a hunting rifle from my grandfather in my teen years. I saw it once, with my dad showing it to me (my twin inherited the other hunting rifle gramps had). I told dad to keep it and not let me have it, because I didn't need it nor want it. Part of me was terrified of what that damn thing represented. I think it went to my twin, in the end. His sons, my nephews, went into the Boy Scouts and they got into doing firearms for their safety badges. I am worried they were all a little too enthusiastic doing all that. :(