Thursday, August 31, 2023

Coping

I feel like I should be blogging more but I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Yeah, the thing about the blues is that it's hard to get away from it.

I've finally started some counseling - the person I'm meeting with confirms I'm dealing with serious depression and social anxiety - but it always takes time to get better from it. 

I have some good news in that one of my blog articles "All Which Wicked Designs" made it to the Finalist level of the Royal Palm Literary Awards, but gods help me it feels a bit underwhelming.

I mean, YAY, I did well, but for some reason
I'm not feeling optimistic about my chances this year.

Anyway, here I am. Coping.

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

By some weird irony I haven't really had much depression since my stroke fifteen years ago, but before then it was pretty much a constant presence muddying up everything good and amplifying everything bad. If it hadn't subsided after the stroke I hope that I would have gotten some treatment for it, because it is bad and treatment helps.
It is hard to see that while you are going through it, though, so who knows what I would have done? Anyway, good luck.

-Doug in Sugar Pine