Tuesday, August 01, 2023

I'm Just Sitting Here Watching the Indictment Wheels Go Round and Round

It is Tuesday August 1st 2023.

I was promised indictments for donald trump and his associates/handlers/lackeys involved in both the January 6th insurrection in Washington DC, as well as indictments in Fulton County Georgia covering trump's attempts to bully state elections officials into throwing the results and scheming fake electors to steal the 2020 Electoral College count.

Goddammit. The sooner we get these charges before a judge, the sooner we get trump in a courtroom before the November 2024 general election, and the sooner we can see trump dragged off in handcuffs when a jury finds him guilty - one hopes - on at least ONE of the multiple charges he's facing.

I am tired of the delays.

Indict him on everything, for the Love of Mom, Baseball, Apple Pie, and good music, just do it, and let God - and a competent jury - sort it all out.

Lemme quote from Lennon:

Ah, prosecutors asking questions
Lost in confusion
Well, I tell them trump insurrected
Bring the solution

Well, they shake their heads and they look at me, as if I've no legal mind
I tell them there's a hurry, I'm hoping trump finally sees doing time

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels of justice go round and round
I really love to watch them charges roll
No longer riding on the media go-around

I just hope to see trump go (to jail)
I just hope to see trump go (to jail)
I just hope tooooooooo see trump go (to jail)

(piano flourish at the end)

Update about seven hours later: ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE. Special Counsel Jack Smith indicts trump on four charges related to January 6th insurrection. More to follow.

2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

From NBC news:

Trump has been charged with four counts: conspiracy to defraud the United States "by using dishonesty, fraud and deceit to obstruct the nation’s process of collecting, counting, and certifying the results of the presidential election"; conspiracy to impede the Jan. 6 congressional proceeding; a conspiracy against the right to vote and to have that vote counted; and obstruction of, and attempt to obstruct and impede, the certification of the electoral vote.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Paul W said...

I need to whine more about getting more indictments.

MORE, DAMMIT! I WANT GEORGIA NEXT! I GOT GEORGIA ON MY MIND!!!