Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Election Night 2020: I'M PERFECTLY CALM

JUST LOOK AT HOW STEADY MY HANDS ARE.


I AM TOTALLY CALM HERE.


I know it's going to be a long night and there's obviously going to be a few bad steps here and there and some states may not vote the way I'm praying to God they should vote but you know it's a free country and and and and um JESUS FCKING CHRIST AMERICA STOP VOTING FOR THAT SHITGIBBON! 

VOTE BIDEN! VOTE BLUE! VOTE FOR A BLUE SENATE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL YOU BE SANE FOR LIKE ONE ELECTION DAY FOR THE SAKE OF ALL HUMANITY!


Okay, I'm eating ice cream now and will try to avoid watching the poll results - the skewed, too-early-to-call-it poll results that the media loves to shove down our throats until we're begging them to stop.

I'll update when I can.

HOPE YOU VOTED. HOPE YOU VOTED FOR BIDEN AND SANITY.

Update 8:47 PM. Fuck. They already called Florida?FUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Update 10:35 PM. I will never understand it. I mean, I *know* we are surrounded by an army of assholes, but you would think that after trump's epic failures of leadership - letting Puerto Rico fall apart, his tariff war follies, the evil of his family separations at the border, the financial corruption, and this year alone allowing a pandemic to rampage across our country... we still have too many Americans buying trump's bullshit and voting for him. His pandering to their most sadistic hates and their most ill-informed fears, and he's still... God. This is insane...

trump's supposed to be losing the suburbs what the hell is happening...?

5 comments:

dinthebeast said...

I don't know jack shit about Florida, so are those higher than expected turnout numbers in Broward county a good thing?

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Paul W said...

Broward is traditionally a Democratic stronghold - lots of Caribbean (non-Cuban) residents mixed with a lot of suburban communities with center-left leanings. Broward wasn't key so much as Pinellas and Brevard and St. Lucie counties were, and I think only Pinellas flipped. I was hoping for better. My state is a trumpian hellhole. >:(

Anonymous said...

It appears that there are more voting fascists then anyone could have imagined.

Paul W said...

I knew there were a lot of trumpshirt assholes out there, I just hoped there were MORE Democratic and Independent voters out there to flip the goddamn states (FL, GA) I wanted flipped. /cries

Paul W said...

Part of me is getting full paranoid here, the fact that despite all the registered Democrats in-state they barely ever get to 5 million votes. It's as though there's a ceiling to turnout even when there's signs of voter interest, as though someone or something is culling votes to keep the results at a set amount... >:(