Sunday, February 19, 2023

I Survived Bartow SyFy 2023, Except...

My city library tends to set up a booth every year - we missed a few due to the COVID Pandemic - for the annual SyFy street fair staged on Main Street. Previously, we'd set up a table to sell used or weeded Science Fiction / Fantasy novels to raise money for our Friends group. This year, we set up a portable Circ station to provide a library experience for any local families able to check out our circulating materials.



Most times, I go dressed as a Jedi - you've seen the outfit over the years - and so this year, lightsaber in hand, and sunglasses because it's Florida on a clear sunny day - I cosplayed as a Jedi Librarian.



Only much to my horror, about three hours into the event before lunch time, the right heel flapped off.

Another artist's booth nearby had duct tape to salvage the moment, but alas the boots I've worn for years - only on these cosplay moments - have finally rotted out.


(Plays the funeral dirge from "Return Of the Jedi" in the background)

So where the hell do I get Jedi boots anymore?

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

You can get them on Amazon, Etsy, or a few other outlets, but they ain't cheap...

-Doug in Sugar Pine