Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Election Day 2022: VOTE BLUE, DAMMIT

Today is Election Day.

I already voted this morning.




For the first time in years, there was a line formed outside my precinct in the morning. It turns out they had to merge two precincts to one spot because the place I'd been going to - a Baptist Church - apparently went out of business (the slow erosion of Christian churches - and the fact most counties use churches as voting precincts - is a discussion for another time)!

Most previous voting trips in the mornings - I've been a Tuesday evening worker ever since I worked in BROWARD County and that's been 25-plus years, people - were rarely this packed, but having doubled up a spot I guess would explain away the voting line. It's not even the longest line I've ever seen on Voting Day: I worked at a library in 2008 whose meeting room was a precinct locale and it snaked out through the entire parking lot.

I am hopeful that the voting turnout is heavily on the young and Democratic, although I am in the middle of Florida and the goddamn Far Right wingnuts are already crowing that DeSantis has won the Hispanic vote (which is horrifying considering how DeSantis is so racist about Latino immigration).

I am begging and praying to the Divine Powers and Providence that watched over this United States for 250 years: For the LOVE OF GOD let the Democrats win the big elections. Let there be 81 million voters again this 2022 like it was in 2020, so we can ensure Congress stays Democratic and avoids falling into the madness of Republican obstructionism.

GET THE VOTE OUT, AMERICA. AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING VOTE DEMOCRAT.




 

1 comment:

dinthebeast said...

It's raining and snowing here today, so I'm glad the I voted my mail a couple of weeks ago.

-Doug in Sugar Pine